Restaurant entrepreneur Mark Sands, owner of Lowcountry Bar and Eating, photographer Victoria Cadisch, recruitment consultant Lucy Salmon of Major Players and social media expert and CEO of CubeSocial, Linda Cheung share their insights, experiences, and discuss the role social media plays for them in business and top tips on managing their personal and professional profiles.
Our panelists top tips
1. The old rules of PR and marketing are gone. Accept that social media means that you can no longer control the message… you can influence it though.
2. When managing both personal and business social media profiles ensure that you always keep the tone and content professional.
3. Be aware of how others will view you. If your ideal client was looking for your product/service, would your profiles encourage them to approach you?
4. Remember that whoever is behind the social media account represents your business brand. If they do a poor job, your entire company looks bad.
5. When people meet you or hear about your business they do go and search you on Google, so think about your ‘digital footprint’ and what people can find out
For more top tips download ‘Brilliant at the Basics of Social Media’ here